For this project, you will need:
1x Apple-Master apple peeler
1x large mixing bowl
9" pie pan
6-7 medium-sized apples (we suggest granny smiths, but you could use any apple)
2x store bought pie crusts (available pre-made in boxes)
1x container of apple pie spice (premixed cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice)
you will be using 1.5 tsp, so one container will make several pies
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
NOTICE: It is VERY important that you use precise measurements when baking. An extra pinch here and there will result in a waste of a pie.
Step 1: Peeling the Apples
2. Clamp the peeler to the table using its mounting lever
3. Using the release handle, pull the handle and retract the corer spikes to the starting position
4. Forcibly apply an apple bottom to the spikes of the peeler so the core is in line with the spikes (see image 2)
5. Turn the rotary handle clockwise until the apple passes through the slicer
6. Remove the apple accordion from the core.
7. Throw the core away. Hang the apple peel in a tree for critters to enjoy. (or, eat it yourself. Apple skins are good!)
8. Cut the apple accordion in half, creating semicircle segments.
Step 2: Preparing the Pie Filling
2. top with the flour, sugar, and spices
3. mix until apples are well coated
Step 3: Preparing the Pie Itself
2. open pie crusts. place 1 in the bottom of the baking pan
3. press pie crust firmly to the bottom. the more air you get out, the less air bubbles might form in your pie crust
4. pour Delicious coated apples into your pie crust
5. cover with the other pie crust
6. using your fingers, crimp the 2 layers of pie crust together around the rim of your pan, use a knife to cut away any excess dough.
7. make holes in the top of your pie (you ca use forks, knives, or cookie cutters. It all depends on how fancy you would like to be.
8. place in center rack of oven for 40-45 min
*OPTION* you may wish to put a couple strips of foil on your pie edge to reduce browining and crumbling
Step 4: Enjoying the Pie
Enjoy your 3.141592653....