Introduction: Pen Crossbow W/ Two "bolt" Storage
Here's my first instructable hope you like it. I found the instructions for the crossbow here and i made one (it was a horrible failure) and i got the idea for a quiver (which also failed). But if at first you don't succeed try try again, so here's my second attempt at the pen crossbow.
Step 1: Materials
This is pretty much the same as the others on this site with a few modifications. All you need is three bic pens (the soft plastic clearish ones work best), a pencil, a piece rubberband about 1/2in longer than your pens, a clothespin, a saw and duct tape. Take apart the pens before you start.
Step 2: The Body and Bow
1. Take one of your pens and cut off about an inch and a half. Tape whats left parallel to the pencil, leaving about 1/2in. to 1in. past the end of the pencil.
2. Take your second pen and cut 2 small holes about 1cm from each end. Make the holes just big enough to thread your rubberband through them.
3. Slide one end of the rubberband through a hole, pull it through enough to tie it twice about 2cm from the end. Then do the same for the other side.
Step 3: Forming the Cross
Take the bow and press it against the end of the pencil under the barrel and tape them together. Make sure the holes in the pen are facing upwards and that the rubberband is on top of the barrel.
Step 4: The Trigger
You want the trigger in a position where the rubberband and the ink cartridge can both come back to the spring of the clothes pin. Tape it in place and make sure its all aligned.
Step 5: Bolt Storage
1. Take your last pen and cut it in half. Then tape the halves together. Tape them to the underside of your crossbow.
2. For the basket take a piece of duct tape, cut off 2 corners and fold it together. Find where the bolts will be and mount the tape so that it will catch and hold them.
Step 6: Loading
I took this to school and alot of people had trouble loading it so heres the easiest way.
1. Slide the bolt down the barrel an into the clothespin making sure its just past the second notch.
2. Then hold the clothespin wide open while you slip the rubberband in behind the bolt.
3. Then just let it close and slowly let go of the rubberband.
and there you go your own pen crossbow enjoy and modify. I have plans for a double barreled crossbow ill start on after i get more supplies.
PerterterBers made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.