Introduction: Pen/Pencil Holder Made From Craft Sticks
A simple box for pens and pencils make from craft sicks.
2. Craft sticks
Step 1: Start the Base
1. Place about 10 or 11 sticks flat down on your work surface.
2. The number should be the length of one stick.
Step 2: Attach Crosspieces
1. Glue 2 crossbars to attach the base sticks together.
Step 3: Connect Crosspieces
1. Glue crossbars together in same direction as base sticks.
Step 4: Continue Connecting
1. Continue gluing crosspieces to slowly build up the walls of the box.
2. You may want to wait for a few sticks to dry before attaching the next ones.
3. Take your time to make sure the walls are as straight as possible.
Step 5: Finish the Walls
1. Finish the walls. Generally 3 inches should be workable, but make them as high or low as you like.
2. Once you hit the desired height, glue 3 crosspieces about an inch apart. These will help keep the pens and pencils stand a little higher when they are placed in the cup.
Step 6: Glue Final Crosspieces
1. Glue 3 additional pieces, crossing the other 3 that were just glued, once again, about 3 inches apart.
1. After everything has dried, turn the box on its side.
2. Put additional glue on the corner columns to increase their strength.
3. Repeat with the additional 3 sides to glue all the columns.
Step 8: Finshed
1. The finished box has 16 holes. They should be able to hold 2 pens or pencils each.