So Sit back Enjoy and Let me know what you think!
I have entered this into the Snow sculpture contest, as well.... Our Snow has melted, and this is all I could come up with...
It's in Holiday Gifts too, because I think they would make a great Gift!
Step 1: Ingredients
Watcha gunna need:
- Icing sugar (300g, BUT I would have extra, you'll see why later)
- 1x Egg white
- Peppermint flavouring (The natural stuff is best, but go with what you can get)
- Orange food colouring, or Orange sweets for his nose
- Silver Catering balls for his eyes
- Scales for weighing out the Icing sugar
- Spatula, or spoon
- Big bowl
- Cocktail stick
Step 2: IMPORTANT! No Biological Warfare Please! Scrub Up!
# Remove any rings/ Jewellery that may come in contact with the food
# Wash your hands before you cook
# After handling Eggs, its good practice to wash your hands (Stops the spread of Salmonella and such)
# DO NOT Lick or taste off a spoon THEN put it back into the bowl you took the sample from... EWW... If I wanted your germs I would kiss you!
Before I start sounding like a rambling germ freak, I'm sure you'll agree this is all common sense... But some people just don't ...get... that its not hygienic
Step 3: Lets Do This Thing!
Now, crack your egg, and seperate your white from the yolk...personally I like to crack my egg in half, and pass the yolk from one half to another so that the white lands into my mix... there are other ways,
- like cracking the egg onto a plate and manually lifting out the yolk with a spoon...
- Or... Pouring the egg into a sieve so that the white runs through the holes and the yolk stays in the sieve
- Buy a carton of eggwhite
Step 4: Bring on the Flavour!!!
Now, using your spatula, or whatever stirring implement you have on hand give the Goop a good old mix... And if your feeling particularily inclined... dive in with your hands it's quite cathartic!
Step 5: GOOP!
IF you add too much icing sugar... add a tiny bit of liquid (egg white, water, or more flavouring) but I mean TINY... we don't want to be constantly adding more of one thing then another
Step 6: Ever Wondery Why He's Called Frosty?
Step 7: Balls to This!
Now, I'm not going to teach you how to suck eggs, as I'm assuming that most of you at some point in your lives will have made an ACCTUAL Snowman. What you need do, is to roll out a seris of balls...
the one on the bottom must me slightly larger than the one which will form the head... Stick one to the other and repete until your bored ;)
If you intend to get creative and make your decorations with the Goop, remember to leave some to one side for that task.
Step 8: I CAN SEEE!!!
Or well... Now's the time to go mad with your decoration... I was getting sleey at this point so I stuck on some little silver balls for eyes, and cut up some orange sweets for a nose... BUT you could draw it on with icing, or eddible ink... Or make him a scarf... I don't know, do what makes you feel happy ;)
To make the eyes and nose stick, I made a little hole with a toothpick and jammed them in the hole.
If you are making your own nose, take your left over Goop, and mix in a little orange food colouring, roll into a carrot shape and stick it to the front of your snowmans face.
You will have to work quick as I found that my Goop went hard very quickly... but then again I was working quite slowly. ;)
Step 9: Variation Is the Spice of Life
This is a last minute thought.
- Make round disks of your goop, add a small ammount of green food colouring and half dip with milk chocolate.
- Cut out into festive shapes and hand out as peppermint thins
- Completly dip in chocolate and serve as a cheep alternative to After Eight mints
- Get gorey... Make into an eyeball shape (make two balls, one white, one red... or fill the inside with red jelly or cornstarch blood) Paint on an Iris and a few veins and hand out at Halloween!
Step 10: Fin!
Then when theyre set, hand them out to your nearest and dearest... or just gobble them yourself. My collegues loved them, and I'm sure your mates will love them too
For other Ideas go and look at my other I'bles. If the I'ble needs explaining or altering let me know... Vote, Reply, Rate and Enjoy