Introduction: Personal Pan Thanksgiving!
This is a creative way to serve up your Thanksgiving leftovers or have a fun turkey dinner for just a few friends to enjoy!
Everyone has their FAVORITE Thanksgiving item. Why limit yourself to just one thing? My favorites are: Stuffing, Rolls, & Mashed potatoes. This year I decided it would be fun to make my own miniature turkey dinner, including all my favorites, "rolled" into one adorable turkey shape. The final product turned out fantastic! My husband even claimed it was his NEW favorite dinner.
Here's what I did...
1. I made a batch of my favorite dinner roll dough. (Just a simple Betty Crocker Recipe)
2. Then prepared some, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and chopped some cooked turkey (This is a perfect time to just use your leftovers)
3. After my dough had doubled I punched it down and rolled out about a 6 inch coil and a palm-sized "pancake" of dough.
4. Next, I stacked a spoon full of each of the leftover items in the center of the "pancake"
5. Once filled, I folded up the edges of the dough & pinch it closed at the top.
6. I then placed the new little bundle of goodies on top of the center of the coil, with the pinched side facing down.
7. I folded the ends of the coil up and over the top 1/3 of the bundle & pinched them together at the top. (The bundle = turkey body, coil ends = drumsticks)
8. Then I continued this until I ran out of dough & placed each little "Turkey" on a greased baking sheet.
9. Brushed the tops with some melted butter & baked them @ 375* for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Once done I served each guest their own Personal Pan Turkey for dinner!
TIP: We also made a bowl of gravy to be ladled over the top of the "Turkey" if desired.
Food should be fun!!! I hope you enjoy this fun take on Thanksgiving leftovers!