I loved the concept but, as my family are quite into Christmas, wanted to make the wrapping a bit more festive, so customised the tutorial to use different materials - traditional Christmas wrapping paper for the main covering, and standard brown parcel paper for the letters.
Step 1: What you'll need
- Brown parcel paper
- Alphabet templates (available here at the original tutorial)
- PDF reader or image editing software
- Tracing paper / greaseproof paper
- Craft knife / Stanley knife
- Cutting board
- Pritt Stick / glue stick
- Tape measure (if you're as anal as I am)
Step 2: Wrap the presents and print out the alphabet stencils
Print out the stencils.
Step 3: Trace the letters and transfer them onto the parcel paper
Flip the paper over, and trace over the letters to transfer them onto the parcel paper (photo 2). The transferred letters should be mirror images so that when you come to cut them out the clean side of the paper will have the letters on it the right way round.