The bracelet uses a basic ring and chain method for needle tatting. The clay focal is very easy make.
Step 1: Supplies and Tools
Archival Ink pad
3 Jump rings
1 Lobster Claw Clasp
Size 10 Crochet thread
Pasta Machine or Acrylic rolling pin
Size 5 Tatting needle
Step 2: Making it Personal!
2. Carefully slice out a rectangle that measures 1/2 inches, by 2 inches, this however can be shortened or lengthened to fit the desired name, word or initials..
3.At the ends of the rectangle take the bamboo skewer and poke two holes into the clay.
4. Ink up the stamps and carefully stamp the name or initials into the clay.
5. Prep clay for baking, preheat the oven to the proper temperature for the clay.
6. Take the foil and make slight arch in the foil, this is so that it will bake slightly curved to fit the contour of your wrist.
7. Bake it off and let it cool!
Step 3: Needle Tatting
Thread 1 half of the beads on the crochet cotton.
1. R 5 p 5 close and knot
2. Slide bead down on the thread
3. Josephine Chain of 40, A Josephine chain is a twisted stitch.Using only one half of a double stitch , Loop around your needle 40 times, you can twist you stitches every 15 or so. then pull through and Slide on another bead,
4. Josephine chain again 40, slip the final bead on.
5. R 6 p [add lobster claw ] 6 close and hide the ends of you thread.
6. Repeat steps again for the other side of the bracelet
NOTE** you may have to add more or less stitches, to fit your wrist, for Josephine chain.