Nowadays Pesto is to be found in every modern kitchen.
It can be used not only on pasta but also in marinades, salad sauces, as filling in pies, added to puff pastry etc.I use it as a crust on fish, mixed into a little milk as a sauce to pasta or rice, as a dip to vegetable sticks... just be creative.
This is my version:
2 Bunches Basil
4 cloves of Garlic
1 Glass dried Tomatoes in Olive oil
30 g grated Parmesan
20 g Pine Nuts
120 ml Olive Oil
Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend.
You can also make the pesto in a mortar and pestle.
Fill it into clean glasses and cover it with a layer of olive oil. Close tightly.
You can keep the pesto for up to 3 month.
- Anchovy Pesto: add 4-6 Anchovies
- Olive Pesto: take olives instead of tomatoes
- Pesto Genovese: do not add tomatoes
- Cashew Pesto: take cashew nuts instead of pine nuts
- Red Pesto: leave the basil out and add more tomatoes
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.