It can be used not only on pasta but also in marinades, salad sauces, as filling in pies, added to puff pastry etc.I use it as a crust on fish, mixed into a little milk as a sauce to pasta or rice, as a dip to vegetable sticks... just be creative.
2 Bunches Basil
4 cloves of Garlic
1 Glass dried Tomatoes in Olive oil
30 g grated Parmesan
20 g Pine Nuts
120 ml Olive Oil
Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend.
You can also make the pesto in a mortar and pestle.
You can keep the pesto for up to 3 month.
- Anchovy Pesto: add 4-6 Anchovies
- Olive Pesto: take olives instead of tomatoes
- Pesto Genovese: do not add tomatoes
- Cashew Pesto: take cashew nuts instead of pine nuts
- Red Pesto: leave the basil out and add more tomatoes