Introduction: Pecan Pesto Chevre Pizza: Tex-ican Style
I love to eat. Plain and simple. Just like the flavors of this pizza.
The beer dough recipe is adapted from "Recipes from Chef Rick Bayless: Mexico-One Plate at a Time".
Step 1: Ingredients
2 C All Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp Instant or Rapid Rise Yeast
1 tsp salt
1/2 C Room Temp Water
1/3 C Mexican Beer (Pacifico used in this Instructable)
Pesto of choice
Note: Vegan Tex-ican Pesto was used in this Instructable. Link found below:
Step 2: Measure, Mix and Make Some Dough
1. Measure all the dry ingredients into a medium to large mixing bowl. Stir.
2. Measure wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
3. Stir until dough forms. The dough will be sticky.
Step 3: Cover, Sit and Rise
1. Cover with plastic wrap or clean kitchen towel.
2. Place in a warm area of kitchen and proof a minimum of 8 hours.
Note:The oven or top of fridge has always worked best in my experience.
Step 4: Scrape, Scoop and Spread
1. Apply 2-3 TB olive oil to sheet pan.
2. Scrape the dough from the bowl using a spatula onto the sheet.
3. Use your hands to spread the dough to approximately 8"x12" or 1/2 inch thickness. Note: Rubbing a few drops of oil on your finger tips will help avoid the dough from sticking to your hands.
4. Bake at 500 F for 10-15 minutes on bottom rack or light golden brown.
Step 5: Top It Off
Working quickly and safely:
1. Remove the par baked dough. Use your discretion where you place the sheet as it will be extremely hot.
2. Spread a generous amount of pesto an inch from the edges. .
Vegan Tex-ican Pesto was used in this 'ible. Find the link here: https://www.instructables.com/id/Texican-Pesto/
3. Add a few dollops of chevre and pecan pieces on top of pesto. Avocado slices were used as well and can be omitted.
4. Using a pastry brush, apply olive oil to the perimeter or "crust".
5. Place sheet back into the oven and continue to bake at 500 F for an additional 10-15 mins until golden brown.
1. Remove dough from sheet and place on a cooling rack or cutting board.
2. Cut the pizza in half vertically.
3. Cut each half corner to corner. This will make an "X" and ensure even slices.
4. Optional: Garnish with fresh cilantro.