Introduction: Philly Cheesesteak Tacos!!!
Philly is my home, and when I created these, my god I fell in love with myself lol These are amazing.....I promise. That is all.
Step 1: Preparing the Steak
I am using skirt steak that I slices into thin slices.
- Season the steak with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and steak seasoning.
- Bind the flavors together with a little olive oil.
- Be a savage and mix the steak with your hands!
Step 2: Cooking the Steak
- In a heated skillet get some vegetable oil nice and hot.
- Add the steak to the pan and you should hear a LOUD sizzle.
- Cook steak to a medium well!! (You'll thank me later)
Step 3: Fried Onions and Peppers
- Julienne some onions and peppers
- Start sweating the onions first in a hot pan
- Add peppers also, and season with salt and pepper
- Cook until onions and peppers have a beautiful color.
Step 4: Banana Pepper "salsa"
- Add banana peppers to a food processor
- add cilantro
- OPTIONAL: add crushed red peppers.
- Blend until finely chopped.
Step 5: Shredded Provolone Cheese
Shred a block of whole provolone cheese. You can ask the deli person at your local grocery store for a 1 in slice of provolone cheese!
Step 6: Tomato Aloi
Who am I shitting?? This is just ketchup and mayo with cayenne pepper lol
Step 7: Warming the Flour Tortillas
I warmed these tortillas on a stove top griddle to be extra fancy....You can literally warm these in the microwave for like 5 seconds
Step 8: Assembling the Tacos
- Add the Aoli first DON'T BE SHY WITH THIS
- Add Peppers and onions
- Add Steak
- Add Provolone
- Add Banana Pepper Salsa