The biggest problem of working alone is the filming for documentation. Every time I move I need to move my camera. So I made a simple Phone’O’Dummy inspired by Iron man’s Dummy/Dum-e.
Phone’O’Dummy is autonomous device used to capture the video. Camera mounted on Phone'O'Dummy Follows the user by detecting their face .It moves in both x-axis and y-axis.
Step 1: Working Principle
Phone’O’Dummy has two motors to move in x & y axis. It is controlled by the arduino microcontroller & motor shield. Phone camera is used to capture the video and it is processed in OpenCV by using Visual Studio 2010(VC++). Using OpenCV we detect the face and when the user moves we send the signal to the arduino board using serial connection(USB). Then arduino board moves the motors accordingly.
Step 2: Things Required
- Mechanix Toy Kit
- Nuts & bolts
- Connecting Wires
- Drill Machine
- Screw Drive
- Paint Brush
- Arduino Uno
- Motor Shield
- 12v DC Motors(2)
- 12v Power Adaptor/Battery
- Visual studio 2010
- DroidCam(PC & Mobile Client)
Step 3: Building Model
Model is made using plywood and Mechanics toy kit. I used saw to cut the plywood and drill machine to make holes. And connect the pieces with nut and bolt.
Step 4: Connection
- Connect Motor shield to the ArduinoBoard.
- Connect the arduino board to computer using USB cable
- Connect the 12v external power supply to EXT PWR of motor shield.
- Connect the x-axis motor (Motor I) to the M1 of motor shield and y-axis motor(Motor II) to the M2 of Motor shield.
Turn On the Camera of Phone using DroidCam(Wifi Connection)