I used my photos, Kaiser Craft wood coaster and placemat bases, modge podge, scrapbook paper, felt backing, sticker lettering, and spray varnish.
I don't think they require a complete "instructable", as the project is very simple and elementary.
Here are the basic directions:
1) Gather materials listed above
3) Cut Felt to fit the backs of the wood pieces, just a little smaller than the wood
2) Adhere the felt backing to the wood pieces using spray glue
3) Cut the colored paper to fit the wood pieces (you can leave the corners, and sand off once you have glued and let dry)
4) paint a thin layer of modge podge on the wood piece and one the colored paper - stick together -repeat for each color set
5) Once dry, paint thin layer of modge podge on the back of the photo, and on the center of the colored paper - stick together - repeat for each set
6) When completely dry - apply layers of modge podge over the top of the photo and paper. Make sure the texture is what you want as modge podge will show streaks and bumps - DRY BETWEEN LAYERS - I put 4 or five layers on
7) Let dry for at least a day. Spray varnish on the set, following the directions on the can. I put a few layers on (drying in between of course) (this helps get rid of the tacky/sticky feelign that modge podge has)
8) DRY FOR A DAY OR MORE BEFORE USING
If you have questions, please let me know.