Introduction: Photoshop: Create Glassy Text
** I'm Dutch so please say if I need to correct something **
We are going to create a glassy text in Photoshop CS2.
I've added some screenshots, they are Dutch, but I think you can see what I mean.
This is my first Instructable, hope you like it. :)
Step 1: The Text
- Make a new file with a black background. I made it 400x700px
- Put a nice text on it.
Step 2: The Effects
We are using the following effects: inner glow, a gradient and a border. Thats all!!
Look at the screenshots for the settings.
As I said, the text is Dutch but you can see what to change.
Step 3: Reflection
- Duplicate the text layer (ctrl + j)
- Make a new layer beneath that one.
- Merge them. (ctrl + e)
- Flip it vertically
- Move it beneath the original text layer.
- Make the opacity about 20%.
- Add a layer mask
- With the brush tool, draw with a soft 100px brush a straight (by holding the shift key) black line on the layer mask. See the screenshot for the position.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.