I wanted a physical version of the game to play in person with friends and family, so I made one!
Materials needed for this project:
3 sets wooden alphabet tiles
2 bottles Rit Dye (Fuchsia and Royal Blue)
Cyanoacrylate (super glue)
Slotted spoon, chopsticks or other utensils (for dyeing)
Step 1: Feasibility studies
Although this method of play worked, I found it unsatisfactory for a couple of reasons:
1. Manipulating the game pieces was awkward. Things tended to move out of grid formation, and putting markers under the tiles is a pain.
2. I found it harder to come up with words without being able to physically manipulate the tiles. It can be difficult to keep track of everything in your head, especially when you are trying to make long words.
So then I came up with a new plan: colored tiles...