Want to decorate your chest with something amazingly dorky? Want to stand out in a crowd? How about earn some serious geek cred, and the wonderment of your peers?
HAVE I GOT THE THING FOR YOU!
Introducing the PiE-Ink Name Badge - a Raspberry Pi Zero Python Powered E-Ink Linux Name Badge (what a mouthful!). A full wearable linux computer system on your chest!
This guide will take you through procuring the necessary components, putting them together, and coding the device - from beginning to end.
Beginners may want to take on an easier project - as this requires soldering, some linux-knowledge, coding, and is generally a little more complex. But hey - who am I to stop you? Do what you want!
1. Soldering Iron - Order here
2. Solder - Order here
3. 30 AWG Wire - Order here
4. Helping Hands - Order here
5. USB or Bluetooth Keyboard - Order here
6. USB Wi-Fi Dongle (ignore if buying Pi kit with one included) - Order here
2. Adafruit Powerboost 1000c - Order here
3. PaPirus 2" e-ink Hat - Order here
4. Mini Slide Switch - Order here
5. Micro USB Hub - Order here
7. USB LiPoly Charger - Order here
8. Adhesive Putty - Order here
9. Magnets - Order here
1. Clear nail polish for weatherproofing - Order here
2. 3-D Print an enclosure - Find or make one here
3. Use a Pi RTC module to display time - Order here
4. Resistors for optional safe shutdown procedure - Order here
5. Super nice helping hands upgrade - Order here
6. PCB Vise - Oder here
7. Wire Stripper - Order here