I know, I know, nobody ever makes piano cake anymore. Mostly because it doesn't exist, at least not as a distinct Platonic ideal. But that never stopped us before, here at instructables.com.
Now, it's worth asking, isn't this actually a recipe? I mean, making cake and all -- you eat it, right? To which I reply: It's only a recipe if I tell you what to put in it or how to cook it. This instructable is really a Play-With-Your-Foody, design-oriented endeavor. Quite edible indeed, but the key (har har) is achieving the appearance and design of a piano. I shall leave the baking and the caking as an exercise for the reader.
Step 1: Materials needed
- 1 rectangular (or square) cake or the ingredients&equipment to make one
- 1 pack of Keebler Fudge Sticks or knockoffs thereof
- 1 fine-tipped tube of black icing
- White buttercream frosting or the ingredients&equipment to make it
- Potentially 1 long knife (useful for any frustrating instructable, actually)