Introduction: Picture Hanging the Easy Way
Hanging two or more pictures together so that they are perfectly aligned can be a hit or miss job, and difficult to get right. Make this simple hanger, and this job will be dramatically faster and easier!
Step 1: What You Will Need
- Piece of wooden batten about 12" long x 1" wide x 3/4" thick
- A handle. Any kind of handle that can be firmly gripped.
- Three wood screws, two to suit the handle, and one countersunk wood screw about 1.5" long.
- Bradawl for making holes
- Spirit level.
Step 2: Assembly
- Screw the handle to one end of the piece of wood.
- Screw the 1.5" wood screw through the piece of wood, so that about 1/4" of the screw point comes through the other side.
- You're done.
Step 3: Putting Up the First Picture
Here is how to use the hanger to put up two pictures:
- Press the spirit level against the wall and adjust so the bubble is in the centre, and mark a feint, level pencil line using the bottom of the spirit level, where you want the top edge of the picture.
- Hang the picture on the screw at the bottom of the hanger.
- Carefully centre the picture on the hanger so that it is level with the line.
- Just above the top edge of the picture, press the wooden hanger against the wall. The protruding screw point will make a very small indentation in the wall.
- Put in the nail or screw at this indentation, and hang your first picture.
Step 4: Putting Up the Next Picture
Put your second on the hanger, and then repeat the previous steps!