The Pier 9 Workshop has a brand new website!
(This includes details on our entire machine catalog)
Please visit us HERE for current projects, events, and updates about the happenings at the workshop.
As of 08.2015, this instructable will no longer be maintained.
Welcome to the Pier 9 Workshops!
This is a live catalog of the machines we are currently using in our shops, including model numbers and links to machine spec's. We have 7 amazing maker-spaces on the Pier: a Digital Fabrication Room, Woodshop, Metalshop, 3D Printshop, Project Room, Electronics Shop, and Commercial Kitchen.
We are accumulating links to additional guides, tutorials, and example projects (being produced in our workshop) in the final chapter of this Catalog to help you get started with our machines!
We will keep this Instructable updated as we acquire new equipment or augment what we have. You can address more specific questions/comment/requests to P9Workshop@Autodesk.com.
More information about the Workshop, including how to become a Shop User is in Autodesk's Pier 9 Workshop Instructable.
Step 1: CNC Machines
Our CNC Shop Lead has put together a comprehensive and deeply knowledgeable guide to operating CNC machinery: Learn CNC the Hard Way
Our CNC Machine Shop houses this collection of world-class machines:
- DMS 5-Axis Enclosed Router Model: 5O5-5-5-36S
- Omax Waterjet Model: 60120
- material capacity: 10' x 5' x 8" (z-axis)
- 5-axis abrasive waterjet cutting capabilities
- additional specs
- HAAS Lathe Model: ST-10Y
- material capacity: 9" x 14"
- 12 position live tooling
- HAAS Vertical Mill Model: VF-2SS
- material capactiy: 30" x 16" x 20" (z-axis)
- 24 position live tooling
- additional rotary table
- Mori Seiki Integrated Mill-Turn Center Model: NTX1000SZM
- material capacity: 15" x 4" x 18" (z-axis)
- 38 position live tooling
- multi-axis milling center with lathe and mill capabilities
- ShopBot 3-axis CNC Mill Model: Buddy
- material capacity: 24" x 48" x 6" (z-axis)
- 5 HP Colombo RS90/22 Spindle
- Speroni Tool Setter Model Magis 400
- Haimer Power Clamp Preset Model 80.222.00