To start with Instructables.com is cool. It's great to know that there is a place where people can share their projects and experiments. That said, the subject at hand is pig cooking. Pig or hog, cooking or roasting in this Instructable means; cooking a whole pig, fastened to a spit, over charcoal, till it reaches succulent doneness. Yum! You surely have seen images of the whole roasted pig with the apple in it's mouth? This is a very fun thing to do and can be a joy for your guests to eat. As for guests, a whole pig requires a lot of them to make sure it all gets eaten; this is a party type of thing. Don't party too hard though, as cook time is very long.
Step 1: Get It Together
1. A pig. 50lb. is usually the smallest.
2. 16"x8" concrete blocks. Atleast 30.
3. 4' Level.
4. Long handle shovel and hoe. 5. 1- 3/4"x3/4"x5' Alumium square tube.
6. 1- package Stainless steel picture hanging wire.
7. 1- VERY large needle for sewing flesh ( not yours ).
8. 1- 3/8" drill bit.
10. 1- Large plastic tub with lid.
11. 3-4- Large bags of ice.
12. Seasoning ( more on this later ) but lots of it.
13. 2 rolls Heavy duty Alumium foil.
14. Probe Thermometer - Preferably heat-proof for fire temp. measuring.
15. 2- Pairs Heavy-duty gloves for getting near and handling hot things and another pair for a friend.
16. 2- Pairs Heavy-duty rubber gloves for 1.) handling raw and 2). cooked meat. Keep them separate.
17. 4-5 or more- Large bags of charcoal briquettes 20lb per bag or so.
18. 2- Big bottles lighter fluid.