Step 1: The Parts
- A servo motor
- Enough flexible latex tubing, outside diameter 3/8" (medical supply store)
- Metal pipe outside diameter 1/2" (home depot)
- Four zip ties (they can be a bit wider than the ones pictured)
- two tiny screws & bolts
- Flat material which can be cut, sanded and drilled (plexiglass, wood, aluminum, etc.)
Step 3: Assembling the Parts
Assembling the valve is really very simple:
- Cut the metal pipe in two even-sized pieces.
- Cut the plexi (or other material), so it forms an oval.
- Drill some holes in it, and attach it to one of the servo motor's arms using the screws.
- Push the latex tubing through the pipe-parts
- Attach the pipe-parts to the plexi.