Introduction: Pineapple Layer Cake
This Pineapple layer cake is simple, yet tasty and can be easily made for any special occasions.
The sponge cake soaked in pineapple juice, topped with whipped cream and pineapple chunks makes this Pineapple layer cake more softer and tastier.
Step 1: Ingredients
1) Cake flour - 1 cup
2) Powdered sugar - 1 cup and 4 Tbsp
3) Large Eggs - 6
4) Melted butter - 2 Tbsp
5) Pineapple chunks - 14 oz can (2 cans)
6) Whipping Cream - 473 ml
7) Baking powder - 1/2 Tsp
8) Salt - 1/4 Tsp
9) Vanilla extract - 5 ml
10) Cherries for decoration
Step 2: Preparing the Cake Batter - Part 1
1) Separate the egg yolks and egg whites into two different bowls. (Eggs should be at room temperature)
2) To the egg yolks add the vanilla extract, melted butter and powdered sugar.
3) Using an electric mixer, blend it well to obtain a creamier texture.
Step 3: Preparing the Cake Batter - Part 2
1) To the Cake flour add in the baking powder and salt
2) Mix the flour well
Step 4: Preparing the Cake Batter - Part 3
Beat the egg whites using an electric mixer on high for few minutes (5 - 7 min ) till it becomes frothy and having stiff peaks .
Step 5: Preparing the Cake Batter - Part 4
1) Sift the flour mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
2) Add in the beaten egg whites to the above mixture.
3) Slowly make the cake batter by just folding the mixture.
Step 6: Baking the Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F
2) Grease the cake pan with butter and pour in the prepared cake batter in the pan.
3) Bake it for 15- 20 min or till the tooth pick comes out clean .
Step 7: Whipping the Cream
1) Place the mixing bowl and the mixer blades in the refrigerator for at least 15 min before making the whipped cream.
2) Pour the heavy cream in the bowl and beat it using an electric mixer on high speed for approximately 5 min or till it forms soft peaks.
3) Add the powdered sugar (2 Tbsp to 4 Tbsp - depending on your taste) and beat it till it forms stiff peak.
Step 8: Assembling and Decorating the Cake
1) I baked two cakes for making the layers (you can even slice the single cake horizontally into two slices).
2) Open the pineapple chunks can and separate the chunks and juice.
3) In the base cake layer pour the pineapple juice generously.
4) Then apply the whipped cream layer and top it of with pineapple chunks.
5) Take another cake, slice the top layer and make it even .
6) Place it on the base cake layer.
7) Spread the whipped cream on the cake layers and decorate it.
8) Keep it refrigerated
Tasty pineapple layered cake is ready!!!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.