This is my attempt to build the most advanced Pip-Boy 3000 on planet Earth, and I believe I've succeeded. It includes the following technologies:
- 4d Systems 4.3" capacitive touch display
- Adafruit 66 channel GPS
- Sparkfun WTV020SD audio player
- Adafruit L3GD20H 3-axis gyroscope
- Adafruit LSM303 3-axis compass
- Adafruit LSM303 3-axis accelerometer
- Adafruit BMP180 barometric pressure/temperature sensor
- Arduino Pro Mini 328p 5v 16MHz microcontroller
- Adafruit PowerBoost 1000 power and charging system
- 4400mAh LiPo power pack
- 9 LED Flashlight
- Frikin' Laser
- TV-B-Gone circuit (turns off hundreds of models of TVs)
- 3D printed PLA and laser cut acrylic body
- Methane Gas sensor (used for RAD sensor)
- Photon light detector
This instructable will go into great detail on how to construct and assemble the Pip-boy 3000 Mark II, allowing you to make your own. The project is 100% open source, and all files and source code will be available for download in the downloads step at the end. All parts can be obtained from places like Adafruit, Sparkfun, and eBay. The case is made with a 3D printer and laser cutter. You can buy the printed case if you don't have a printer. Other miscellaneous hardware can be found at any hardware store.
Let's get started!
Note - You can find the Mark I build here.