Step 1: Materials required
- the sprocket from a bicycle (the big one from the crank)
- two 18" lengths of 1/2 inch threaded iron pipe
- one pipe floor flange
- one pipe "T" fitting (1/2 3/4 3/4 threads)
- one 1/2" 45 degree pipe fitting
- one 1/2" 90 degree pipe fitting
- two 3/4" copper tubing couplers
- one lamp socket
- one 9' extension cord
- one rubber bushing
- one old mechanic's trouble light
Step 2: Building the base
I then drilled holes and mounted the floor flange in the center of the outside (smallest) sprocket.
Next I sprayed the sprocket/flange unit with copper paint. Once the paint was dry, I screwed one of the lengths of black iron pipe into the flange.