Step 2: Build the Body
- The back bone is shaped from a 1”x1” piece of wood. I used a belt sander to form the back bone.
- Holes drilled in the back bone hold the ribs formed from thick wire, I like to use wire coat hangers.
- The pelvis bone is cut from cardboard and glued onto the back bone.
- The sternum is also cut out of cardboard and glued to the ribs.
- Add shape to the ribs and strength to the pelvis and sternum by covering them with paper clay.
- Once the body has the shape you like sand and paint