In this instructable i will show you how you can make the simplest indoor Plant grow light. Plant Grow Lights are the most inexpensive lights for indoor gardening. But getting in market is such a pain. There are some vendors who are selling these lights but at very high cost so i thought of making itself. Plant Grow Light also known as Full-spectrum fluorescent bulbs, such as our Sun Light bulbs, produce a balance of cool and warm light that replicates the natural solar spectrum. These lights are excellent for seedlings as well as houseplants, culinary herbs and other plants.
Using Red and Blue led strip we can make the Grow light. Red and Blue LED strips should be in the ratio of 70/30 respectively
Step 1: Tools and Components
- Drill and 3mm Drill Bit
- Soldering Iron
- Soldering wire
- Zero PCB - 1 piece
- Red LED strip - 5 Meter
- Blue Led Strip - 5 Meter
- 2 Pin Connector wires(Female) - 21
- 2 Pin Connector Male - 21
- Fan - 1
- Heat sink - 1
- Adapter jack - 1
- washers white - 4
- screws - 3mm
- Adapter - 12 V 2 amps
You can use any adapter jack as per your adapter pin.
Step 2: Joining PCB and Soldering
- First cut down the strips as per your aluminum plate. We have to use strips in 70/30 ratio that means 70% red and 30% blue. So i used 14 Red strips and 6 Blue strips. You can use any board for fixing the strips but i found only this board at home so i used that board only.
- Now Solder the Strips with the 2 Pin wires
- Solder the adapter jack and connector pins to the PCB. I used the L angle connector for the easy connection with the strips. You can use any 2 pin connector.
- Drill 3 mm hole with the using drill bit and attach PCB with the plate using screws and some washers.
Step 3: Making Connection
- Now we have to give parallel supply to all the strips so solder all male pin connectors to the PCB and make parallel connection That means positive of adapter jack to all positive pins of connector and negative of jack to all the negative pins of connector. Also we have to connect 1 extra connector for the External Fan.
- Now connect all strips and fan to the PCB
- Connect the adapter and see the Magic
Step 4: Adding Heat Sink and Final Completion
We should add heat sink and Fan to increase the life of LED strip. Just attach the Heat sink. Fix it with plate using the araldite