Introduction: Plastic Army Man Living Statue Costume
My son wanted to be an army man so we made him this costume this last week. Here are some simple instructions if you want to do it too.
Step 1: Pick Out Some Clothes, Props and a Base
We rummaged through the kids old clothes. It doesn't matter what color they are, they are all going to get painted. Note his sister's old pink boots and hello kitty gloves and Bob the Builder hat.. It does help to get materials that are not too absorbent.
- Pick out clothes
- Boots,gloves, pants, undershirt
- Nerf Gun
- We used 1/4 inch partical bead board
Step 2: Paint It All
(Note: do not paint them while being worn)
In hindsight, i would have used leather gloves that didn't require so many layers of paint. I used John Deere Green spray paint from Lowes.
- Hang on the line and paint everything one shade of green with gloss paint
Step 3: Face Paint and Hair Spray
- Use water based/easy to clean face paint to cover face, ears, neck completely
- Spray hair with colored hair spray. (don't use neon, find a shade that matches the paint)
Step 4: Strike a Pose
Strike a pose....
everybody asks how he walks... he is hoping the candy comes to him.
actually, he isn't attached to the board, he just picks it up and sets it down. He plans on doing that at every front door for Halloween.
Step 5: Scrub Scrub
I suggest getting the most water-based friendly cleanable face paint.