Step 1: Recipe
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
It is very helpful to view this video so you can see the process of making plastic milk.
It is a quick and easy project.
Step 2: Utensils
- Liquid measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Coffee filters to absorb the liquid
- Fine weave strainer
- Cookie cutters
- Skewer not shown
- Wax paper not shown, line the plate with wax paper.
Step 3: Measure/ Heat
- Measure 2 cups milk and set aside.
- Measure 2 Tablespoons white vinegar and put it into a small glass reserving until later.
- Line the strainer with 2-3 coffee filters or paper towels.
- Line the plate with wax paper.
- Add vinegar.
- Stir gently.
- Allow it to separate into globs.
- Stir again.
Step 4: Strain
- Place strainer in sink.
- Pour Contents into the lined strainer.
- Allow to drain a couple of minutes.
- Carefully pull up the filter and gently press with your fingers to remove liquid from ball.
- You might need to place it in another doubled coffee liner and squeeze again to remove excess moisture.
- It should begin to form a paste.
- Let it set 5 minutes.
Step 5: Molding
- Gently roll the plastic in a tight ball.
- Gently press flat to form shapes.
- This part is tricky you need to work with it and try to keep it together nicely.
- You accomplish this by pressing down and pulling toward the center with your hand.
- Using the cookie cutters make the shapes.
- Form a couple of balls if you desire.
- Using the skewer poke holes where you want if you are going to make jewelry.