Introduction: Play ATM for Kids
Buying electronics, mobile, accessories, software and now even groceries via e-commerce sites, is new way of life... With Apps it is even easier than before. Every time we order an item online, it comes with amazing packaging boxes, to keep items safe inside.
These packaging boxes are discarded.. Not all are recycled, many just adds as wastes dumped in remote landfill areas
In this instructables, I will share how to reuse some of those boxes to make play ATM for kids
Video URL : https://youtu.be/eX76BToi9Co
Step 1: What Do We Need ?
- Cardboard box
- Hot Glue gun
- PVA glue / fevicol
- Old credit Card
- Monopoly Money
- Acrylic paints
Step 2: Body
- Based on the templates, cut the front and the sides pieces
- Hot glue them as shown in picture
- You may have to trim some of edges based on cardboard thickness
Note : Hot glue is good for temporary fix. Use PVA glue and paper tape if you want it to last longer
Step 3: Money Drawer
For money drawer
- Roll monopoly money to form a tube with diameter 1 cm
- Measure the length of the tube
- Based on this space the slots or partitions
- Slide the front side so that a credit card can pass through it
- Place the money drawer on a small piece of cardboard which has slots aligned with the front side as shown in image
- Load some money and adjust the slot lengths
- When we insert a credit card, it pushes the stacked money out to fall
- Add a cardboard piece that catches falling money and slides it to the withdrawal slot on the front side
Step 4: Paint Job
Ask kids to paint it using acrylic paints, Do not add too much water to the paints.
Load some money and let the kids play
Please share your comment and suggestions
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.