No soldering is required and it is Arduino compatible for easy programming.
The kit with all parts except batteries is now being sold!
The controller comes with an ATmega8 but this is easily upgradeable if required.
The sample code provided allows the puppy to sit, shake hands, lie down, beg and walk on it's hind legs.
This robot is fully interactive and is controlled by hand gestures.
- #1 Phillips screwdriver.
- Small (2.4mm or 3/32 inch) flat head screwdriver.
- Long nose pliers
(Available around the world from online stores that sell DAGU products)
- QuadBot chassis kit.
- Pan / tilt kit.
- IR compound eye.
- Magician robot controller.
- Pack of jumper wires (male to male and female to female).
- 1x 1N5400 3A rectifier diode
- 4x small servo extension cables 100mm (4 inch).
- 2x 25mm (1 inch) brass hex spacers with suitable mounting screws.
- Small cable ties and two larger cable ties to hold the battery holder.
NOTE: The robot works best with a 7.4V 2300mAH battery as shown in the videos but it can also work with 6x NiMh AA batteries in a 3x2 battery holder. There are two variations of the sample code depending on which battery you use. The only difference is that the NiMh batteries are heavier so that the robot needs different code to balance on it's hind legs.