This is what I made for the Instructable's gift exchange.
Note: These instructions can easily be modified to create a plush Iphone instead of a phone sleeve. See step 12 for this.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
- Plush fabric
- Black and grey felt
- Colour printer and photo quality paper
- Glue or Mod Podge
- Sewing machine
- Pins and needles
Step 2: Measure and cut fabric
- I used this cardboard stand-in (covered in duct tape) to measure the length and width I would need for the felt inside lining.
- The width of the felt is the width of the phone plus twice the phone's depth (since we are making a sleeve for the phone to fit inside) and and the seam allowance.
- The length is measured the same way, the size includes the length of the phone plus twice the depth and the seam allowance.
- Once the felt piece has been cut out simply use that as the template to cut the same size piece of plush fabric.
Step 3: Pin and sew fabric together
- Place one fabric on top of the other with right sides together (ie. the plush side is facing the felt) and pin together.
- Using a sewing machine sew the two pieces together leaving one end open.
- Using the end of the sleeve left open turn the fabric right side out and hand stitched closed.