Welcome to Virginia, Discovery!
The whole family went to go see OV-103 when she flew in this month (April, 2012) on the back of a 747. Completely awesome! I highly recommend it. Five stars.
I had orbiters on the brain all week, so the first thing I did on the weekend was to put together this plush space shuttle. I had to wing it a bit, but it turned out just fine.
Step 1: Materials
- Black fleece (1/2 a yard is fine, I usually just pick up the odds and ends from the remnants section of my local fleecery)
- White fleece (1/2 a yard here, too, ish)
- Black thread
- White thread
- 15" by 17" by 1/4" reusable foam Air Conditioner Filter (see the picture below, this worked great for the wings!)
- About 9 oz. of Polyfill (stuffing - you can buy it new like I did, or cannibalize an old pillow, I suppose)
- Sewing machine
- Scissors (A rotary cutter is even better!)
- Needle for hand sewing the last part