A few components can be scavenged for this project.
I've included links to techsupplies.co.uk
so you can see what the pieces look like, as well as places you are likely to find the component.
Components: Likely places to find them:
- Picaxe 08M chip
- Perf / strip board
- IR sensor 38kHz
- 2mm red LED
- 5mm IR LED
Any Remote control
- Piezo transducer
Anything that makes a beep noise
- 6mm tactile switch
Anything that clicks when you press it
- PCB mount slide switch
- Resistors with rough values of 32k, 10k, 1k, 300, 180 Ohms
- <1.2mm insulated wire
- Button cell battery contacts Anything powered by button cells
- 3 x button cell max size AG-13
- Small nut & bolt
also a Zippo style lighter, or other pocketable housing
(small altoids tin etc)
- Soldering iron with fine tip
- Drill with 1mm, 2mm, 4mm and 12mm bits
- Small files / sandpaper
- Needle nose pliers
- Side cutters
- Tin snips
- 2 part epoxy glue / hot glue gun
- Pva glue / nail varnish
These images show what I was able to get out of a broken electronic die.
small electronic things like this are the best place to look for battery contacts.