When coming up with an idea for a multi-tool that women might want, I came up with the following criteria.
It needed to be:
- Small -can fit into pocket or purse
- Discrete, not obtrusive,
- Looked nice
- Had an assortment of tools
- Can be made with my skill level
- Can be created with the tools that I had available.
Step 1: What you will need
- Magnetic Bit Holder Set (I picked mine up at a dollar store, it looked something like this)
- Utility blade
- Sugru or a thermo plastic like Plastimake
- Magnifying sheet
- Plastic wrap
- Ruler and protractor
- Epoxy glue
- Hot Glue
Step 2: Clean and dismantle lipstick tube
Mine came apart quite easily.
- I first removed the top lid, then the ring labelled with the Revlon logo.
- Then I could pull out the silver tube from the base.
- Within the silver tube there was a little platform holding the lipstick that moved up and down as you twisted the base, this needs to be removed along with any residue of the lipstick.
- I cut off part of the bottom of the silver tube to (the white plastic bit) to provide some clearance for the tools that will be stored in the base.
- Wipe clean the inside of the tube to get rid of any lipstick smudges as we are going to put some epoxy glue in there.