Mine came apart quite easily.
- I first removed the top lid, then the ring labelled with the Revlon logo.
- Then I could pull out the silver tube from the base.
- Within the silver tube there was a little platform holding the lipstick that moved up and down as you twisted the base, this needs to be removed along with any residue of the lipstick.
- I cut off part of the bottom of the silver tube to (the white plastic bit) to provide some clearance for the tools that will be stored in the base.
- Wipe clean the inside of the tube to get rid of any lipstick smudges as we are going to put some epoxy glue in there.