Are you short on space in your X-Wing? Are your Jedi Food Capsules insufficient for supplying nutrition? It's always good to be prepared for those times when you find yourself in a galaxy far, far, away from your next meal.
This is a pocket sized version of Luke's Emergency Rations from Empire Strikes Back, just the size to hide in a Jedi belt pouch or in a flight suit pocket. You could easily make a full size version by substituting a larger tin.
Step 1: Materials
- small, rectangular tin with a flat lid. (I used an old-style Altoids tin. The movie one looks like an old metal first aid kit.)
- white spray paint (or silver or blue)
- painter's tape (if you want to preserve any of the tin's original color)
- heavy clear plastic - I used part of a box from a model horse
- clear tape
- waxed paper
- cutting board
- kitchen knife
The food can vary according to what you like, but this is what I used:
- Cherry Pie Larabar
- Chocolate Chunk granola bar
- Fruity Pebbles cereal