I've been wanting to make one of these for a long time. I finally made my own pattern, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out!!
- My petal template (see attached file)
- Thin cardboard or card stock (a small piece for petal pattern pieces)
- Deck of playing cards (makes 4 flowers)
- Low temp hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Hair clip blank or pin back blank
- Pom pom, button, or other round embellishment piece for the flower's center. (about 15mm diameter)
Step 1: Make Pattern Pieces
To transfer the pattern:
- Print the attached petal pattern.
- Trace over the lines of the petal pieces with your pencil darkly.
- Flip the pattern page over onto your card stock so that the image is facing down.
- hold the pages down tightly so they can't move around.
- Using your pencil, scribble over all the lines of the pattern pieces.
Your pattern should now show up on your card stock.
Cut the three pattern pieces out of card stock.