Tarnish is a thin layer of corrosion that forms over brass as their outermost layer undergoes a chemical reaction.
To remove this tarnish (patina) there are couple of methods one of the easiest is to use special paste and buff it with smooth cloth
Step 1: THINGS YOU NEED
- Metal polish ( BRITE O in my case)
- clean rag
- tissue paper
- elbow grease !
Step 2: Process
- squeeze some paste on to cloth
- start buffing the metal in one direction only
- use new cloth for every piece because it tends to get dirty fast
- finish it by wiping it with a clean cloth or tissue (without paste)
Use soap solution or IPA to clean deep seated dirt.