Hello! Today I will be showing you various techniques I use when making tiny realistic cakes with polymer clay. They're super fun to make, but require some patience, so keep that in mind!Supplies:
What you will need mostly depends on what cakes you will make. So I suggest going through the whole tutorial first, don't be shocked that the list is long!Definitely going to need:
- Clay. Colors depend on what color cakes you want;
- Something to work on;
- A needle or an exacto knife (something really sharp);
- Gloss varnish.
- Translucent Liquid Sculpey / Liquid Fimo + soft pastel chalk;
- Silicone (white icing only).
Other things you might need:
- Polymer clay canes (bought or made, if you know how to);
- Confetti / sprinkles;
Again, you will most likely NOT need ALL of these!
- Sanding paper;
- Clay rolling machine;
- Findings (only if you are making jewelry);
- Small cake decorating tips.
This is just a full list of what I used. Look at the tutorial and then cross out what you won't need!