My sculpture is a simple one, purely because i didnt want to make the instructions too complicated. But if you are a great artist, you could possibly try creating sculptures of people, or other objects.
I hope you like this instructable, please rate, comment and subscribe! =)
Step 1: Materials
- Polystyrene, (amount depending on what size you want to make the sculpture)
- Glue, I recommend hot glue if you have any
- (optional) A larger flat piece of polystyrene for the base
- A small hacksaw or coping saw (a large hand saw will not work)
- Tape measure or very long ruler =)
- A big pile of books or just something small and heavy
- A towel or sheet to catch all of the little polystyrene bits
Got all the stuff? Great, then please proceed.
Step 2: Measuring
- Take the piece(s) of polystyrene and lay them flat and measure it
- My piece measured exactly 53 inches, i round this down to 52 inches
- I found that the thickness what 1.5 inches.
- So i decided that 52 divided by 12 is 4, and the thickness of it is 1.5 inches, so if i used all 13 blocks the height of my tower would be 19.5 inches. I decided to only use 10 blocks at 15 inches.
- Lay out your tape measure again, and i put a mark every 4 inches because that was my measurment i worked out.