There are many green tea variations: regular green tea, green tea citrus, pomegranate green tea, jasmine green tea, mango green tea, etc. **
You will need:
1 gallon glass jug you can get one by purchasing organic apple juice and reusing the jug
1 kitchen funnel
Makes: 1 Gallon
Ingredients: (Light version)
- 6 bagsofpomegranate Green Tea or your favorite green tea HERE**
- 1/2 cup of Stevia approx 35 calories
- 1 cup or sugar 15 calories per tsp (720 in gallon sized jug)
- 2/3 cup of freshly hand squeezed lime juice
- 16 cups of water
Higher concentration recipe: This will taste better frozen and can be diluted using water
- Add 1/2 cup of lime juice (+30 Calories)
- Add 3 more bags of tea
- Add 3/4 cups of sugar (+ 480 Calories)
Total 1285 calories per gallon or 80 per cup, no Stevia (1610 per gallon or 100 per cup)
Step 1: Boil, Steep, Squeeze Limes, Add Sugar, Mix
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil. Dilute all the sugar during this step...or dilute it in final container
- Steep green tea bags for 3 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and lightly squeeze any tea out of the bags.
- Squeeze limes (approximately 10)
- Let tea cool to room temperature (for safety: you don't want to break glass or if using a plastic jug you don't want to release any harmful chemicals from the plastic).
- Transfer tea to jug. Add lime juice...the color will change. Add sugar here if you haven't yet...I prefer not to get sticky stuff over the counter, so that is why I waited.
Step 2: Shake and Fill
- Shake it up and ensure the sugar is properly diluted.
- Fill the remainder part of the jug with filtered water. POUR SLOWLY if your funnel tip is inside the jug, otherwise the pressure will build and spew the tea out all over your counter due to back-flow.
Step 3: 3-Ways-to-Enjoy
- Serve over normal ice cubes
- Serve over tea cube (which will not dilute your drink)
- Freeze in Popsicle container or shot-glass container...like I did, and serve. Popsicle sticks recommended or trip pointy edge off skewer