You can add some decorative flower lights to your garden with some cheap solar garden lights and pony beads. You just need your outside grill and some patience to wait for the beads to melt.
Step 1: Supplies needed
- Solar garden lights. I purchased mine for 97¢ at Walmart.
- Pony beads. I purchased clear with sparkles. I bought a 1 lb bag at Michael's for about $4.50 with a 40% off coupon. It will make about 4 flowers.
- Baking pan. You can buy these at the dollar store. They do not need to be nonstick. I used an 8 inch round cake pan at first, but it didn't cover the top part of the solar light very well. If you don't mind seeing it, use the small pan. I then bought a pizza pan and it covered the top of the black solar light much better.
- Sockets. I used 1/2 inch and 1 inch sockets.
- Tin can. I used a tomato paste can.
- Aluminum foil
- Gas grill. You could use your oven, but the smell of melting plastic is overwhelming.
- Shish kabob stick (optional).