1. Buy a new spider set for a small fortune.
2. Buy a "MPFI" retrofit system for about $300.00
3. Try Replacing individual injectors or "poppets"
4. Junk the p.o.s. the front end is falling apart anyway.
or you can
5. Spend about $16.00-30.00 and a few hours of your time and fix it like I do.
This guide explains how to clean/repair leaky or stuck poppet valves/injectors. only continue if you are sure that your injectors are getting a signal from the ecu and are actuating. if your not sure, Google it, do your testing and come back.
I am not responsible for any kind of damage or injury you may cause yourself or your car. Messing around with a fuel system is dangerous, gasoline leaks can and will cause fire and or explosion. Be Safe, Be Smart, Or be Dead.
Step 1: Take a Look at the injector and get you stuff together
At this point you have pulled the injectors from the fuel meter body, you have your injector reseal kit with all of the o-rings napa and everyone else has them .
napa's part is....
Fuel Injector O-Ring Kit
Part Number: BK 735359
Make sure the meter body has no cracks, this can be fixed in a pinch, Google plastic welding with soldering iron.
Make sure the black plastic tubing is not cracked or too brittle to be reinstalled. They need to be able to hold 60lbs of fuel pressure. If in doubt take an old piece of tubing to the local auto parts store and get some double walled plastic gas line tubing. Ford uses quite a bit of it, as does BMW.
You will need the following in addition to your o-ring kit
1. Carb Cleaner
2.Sea Foam in a can "Deep Creep"
3. A Pot O Boil'in Water and or a Heat Gun "Heat gun is faster but water is safer"
4. A Few pairs of needle nose pliers
5. An air compressor with blow gun.
Optional but highly recommended is an ultra sonic jewelry cleaner "got mine for $30.00 from harbor freight, for the wife......."