I vividly remember riding my bike to the convenience store with my sister during summer vacations. We would brave the sweltering summer heat and humidity for one thing, and one thing only.....Pop Rocks! Cherry was our favorite flavor. We would be so excited to pour that entire package into our mouths all at once and see who could keep their mouth shut the longest! As an adult, I realize how just plain weird it was but we loved it!
I saw Giada De Laurentiis use pop rocks in a dark chocolate truffle not too long ago and I knew I had to make something with chocolate and pop rocks! White chocolate, almonds and cherries are a perfect match so I threw it together and added (my favorite) cherry pop rocks!
This would be a great Valentine's Day treat, party snack or birthday party snack. Kids love this stuff!!
Step 1: Chocolate Bark Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make Pop Rocks Chocolate Bark:
- 8 ounces white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1-2 packages cherry pop rocks
Step 2: Melt Chocolate
Once the chocolate and cherries are chopped, melt the chocolate.
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Add chopped chocolate to a microwave safe container.
- Melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals until no lumps remain. Stir to smooth.
- Pour chocolate onto silpat.
- Using a spreading knife spread chocolate into a thin layer.
Step 3: Add Chocolate Bark Toppings
- While the chocolate is still soft evenly distribute the cherries and almonds and gently press into the surface of the chocolate.
- Sprinkle the pop rocks evenly over the surface of the chocolate. They are small enough they will stick in the chocolate without needing to be pressed in.
- Break into desired sized pieces.
- Eat and enjoy the tingling on your tongue!