Step 1: Stuff You'll Need
1. popsicle sticks of course! bought from the craft store, or saved ones from the tastey treat
2. hot glue gun. Not many other glues will work for this project because plastic and glue doesnt mix too well. EXTRA glue sticks! and pan to catch the dripping glue.
3. 4 hugs drinks, CHUG THEM as your building your project or if you can dig them out of the thrash can that will do.
4. 1 WIRE coat hanger. rare too find now a days, they are made of plastic now but take a good look in your closet.
5. scissors, not a good pair like your fancy cooking shears, just able to cut through the sticks.
6. wire cutters, hand sized hedge clippers.
OPTIONAL- a small nail, and ruler
Step 2: Give Yourself a Hug
To begin this project we will start with the wheels. Take your 4 hugs; tear off all the foil, and rinse the inside. Set all of them aside for now.
Step 3: Starting the Chasis
Begin the chasis of the car with 4 sticks alligned like so in the first picture, give them about an inch inbetween each other. Grab another stick; cut in half with your scissors, and glue the two pieces on top of the 4 sticks previously arranged at their connection points. Repeat this cut again with another stick and glue the pieces vertically like so in the last image of this step.
Step 4: Making the Roll Cage
Continue making the chasis with a roll cage. Its just a basic 2 popsicle stick virtue to have on your car. Take the 2 whole popsicle sticks and glue them diagonaly like so in the first and second picture of this step. Roll cage is done, now lets finish the chasis ending with a few special cuts. Take a popsicle stick and cut the very tips off of both sides. Now cut the stick in half to form 2 rectanglar pieces. Glue them like so in the last picture supporting the 2 previous placed sticks of the roll cage and the vertically glued sticks acting as posts.
Repeat the special cut two more times for the next step. Scrap the tips of the sticks.
Step 5: Making Space
Add to this your last pair of rectangular pieces and glue one NEXT to the last stick you just glued on. Fit it with the coat hanger again to be sure a proper fit. Take the very last half rectangle and cut it in half like so in the photo.. I set them on the area where they will be glued soon. Set the entire car and two pieces aside with the hugs and whip out your trusty wire coat hanger for the next step.
Step 6: Cutting Out the Axles.
Step 7: Pimpin' Out Da' Wheels
Save the other halves of the plastic hug for another project, we will also use them as improvised drying stands. Add the tires to each axle and assemble for a snug fit.