Ok, it might not be Roast Pork or Char Siu, but it's still Pork!
I will show you just how it's made in Chinese Take Aways (without the MSG and insane amounts of flavouring).
Step 1: Your Weapon of Choice
Step 2: Gather Your Ingredients
A) 1 cup of uncooked long grain rice
B) 2 Egg, You can use more if you want to
C) 2 Pork steaks
D) 2-3 Spring Onions
F) A tablespoon of Vegetable Oil. Add more oil if you don't trust yourself to not get things stuck to your pan
H) Soya Sauce
Step 3: Preparing and Cooking the Rice
1) To start with you need to rinse your rice thoroughly, this is to remove the excess starch on the rice as well as any germs and pesticides. Usually 2 to 3 rinses using warm water is enough to clean it but you can rinse a few extra times if need be.
2) Drain the rice of all the water
3) Remember how I mentioned your finger as a piece of equipment? This is where it comes in handy. Make sure that the rice is level in the pan and then begin to pour cold water into it until the water level reaches half way up the first section of your finger - This will ensure that your rice is not too sloppy and not too hard when cooked, none sloppy rice will also be easier to fry too.
4) Make sure to dry the outside of the pan before placing it onto the rice cooker, put the lid on and push the 'cook rice' button
Step 4: Preparing Vegetables and Pork
2) When cutting up the Spring Onions make sure you remove the part that has roots first before slicing up into smaller pieces
3) The same sort of thing with Peppers, when you cut them in half make sure you remove all the white bits and the seeds
4) Dice the two pieces of pork into smaller cubes
5) Beat the two eggs in a bowl
Step 5: Spoon Out and Cool the Rice
Leave the rice out for about 20 minutes or until it's completely cooled down. We do this to give the moisture a chance to evaporate so the rice doesn't stick to the wok later when we go to fry it.
Step 6: Get Cooking!
Fry the pork until the juices run clear. It shouldn't take too long because the pork is in small cubes.
Clean the wok out before adding some more oil in for cooking the vegetables and egg.
Throw in the rice and pork with the vegetables and give it a good mix. Fry for about 10 ish minutes or until the rice starts to steam a little
Pour in Soya Sauce to taste and give it another mix for a couple of minutes.
Step 7: Food Time!
Add more Soya Sauce if you want to. Or, if you're like me, add some Chilli oil ;D
Step 8: Thanks
Do take photos if you make this!