Introduction: Porky Pig Pizza
Craving pizza and bacon? Don’t eat another tasteless cardboard frozen pizza. You can be proud as your family gorges themselves on this hand-rolled, delicious meal! These instructions will guide you as you bake your masterpiece. Don’t hesitate to get creative and add your own toppings!
WARNING: You will never be satisfied with carry-out or frozen pizza again!
Step 1: What You Will Need
1 ½ cups of whole wheat flour
½ tsp salt
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs sugar
⅛ oz yeast
½ cup warm water
2 tbsp of olive oil
¼ of an onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 (15 oz) can of tomato sauce
1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
2 tsp of ground oregano
7 basil leaves, chopped
½ tsp of cayenne pepper
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of pepper
½ tsp of paprika
1/2 lb of bacon
2 links of chorizo sausage
2 cups of grated mozzarella cheese
2 cups of grated smoked Gouda cheese
1 Stand-mixer (optional alternative: medium-sized bowl)
1 Large bowl
1 Medium bowl
1 Large skillet
1 Sauce pan
1 Pizza stone
1 Wire whisk
1 Large Spoon
Step 2: Beginning With the Dough
1. Preheat oven to 475℉ with the pizza stone inside
2. Combine the wheat flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer
3. While running the mixer, add water and 1 tablespoons of the oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball
Note: If the dough is sticky, add additional flour. Do this ½ tablespoon at a time until the dough forms to a ball. If the dough is too dry, slowly add more water. Do this ½ tablespoon at a time until the dough forms to a ball
4. Lightly flour the countertop and scrape the dough onto the surface
5. Knead the flour into a smooth, firm ball
6. Grease a large bowl with 1 teaspoons of the remaining olive oil
7. Add the dough and cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm area for 1 hour.
Note: This will let the dough double in size.
Step 3: Preparing the Meats
1. Cube the bacon into 1 inch pieces
2. Cook bacon in the large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp
3. Remove the bacon from the skillet and use a paper towel to remove excess grease
4. Remove the casing from the chorizo links
5. Add sausage to pan and break up chorizo with wooden spoon in a skillet over medium-high heat until done
Step 4: Preparing the Sauce
1. In the small sauce pan heat up the olive oil
2. Add the chopped onion and sauté onion until clear
3. Add minced garlic and sauté until lightly browned
4. Add chopped basil and turn heat down to low heat
5. Add the can of tomato sauce and tomato paste to the pan
6. Once the sauce becomes thin and warm, add all the spices until desired flavor has been reached
7. Remove from heat and let cool until ready to use
Step 5: Throwing Everything Together
1. On a lightly floured surface, stretch or roll the dough out into a large, thin uniform circle
2. Fold the edges of the dough to form the crust
3. Using a large spoon, spread your desired amount of tomato sauce onto pizza dough
Note: To get a nice even coating of sauce over the entire pie, add sauce by the spoonful to the center of the dough and spread using large, circular motions
4. Sprinkle cheeses over the entire area of the pizza
5. Sprinkle the bacon and chorizo over the cheese
Step 6: Into the Oven It'll Go!
1. Transfer pizza onto the pizza stone
CAUTION: The pizza stone will be very hot!
2. Bake the pizza in the oven for 14-16 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and all the cheese has melted\
3. Let cool for five minutes
Step 7: Enjoy Your Hard Work As You Indulge in Your Amazing Pizza!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.