This build is based on my friend's request. He wanted stereo speakers that could play songs from pen drive, aux in, Bluetooth etc. With decent sound for shall room... no battery backup... small form factor
In this instructables I will share how to build one
please share your comments if you like it
Step 1: What Do We Need ?
- Portable stereo speakers 5w +5w
- Mp3/TF card/ Bluetooth/ FM kit
- Soft Wires
- Wooden sticks
- 2mm plywood
- Soldering iron
- Acrylic Paint
Make sure that audio kit has Bluetooth
Step 2: Understand What You Have
The amplifier was PAM8403 with volume control, which can provide 3w dual channel output....
And that both worked on 5v ....
Note: if the voltages donot match, it is adviced to use a buck converter instead of voltage regulator like 7805 etc
Step 3: Break Open
Cut a slot based on your audio kit, mine was 8cm x 2cm.
Fix screws as needed.
Step 4: Electronics
- Solder wires for AC power in
- Solder wires for 5 V DC out
- Solder copper wires to Left and Right speakers
- Solder audio in from audio kit to amplifier
- connect to 5 V power supply
- connect to power supply
- connect to audio kit to amplifier in
- Antenna for FM
- one can buy a telescopic antenna or just connect soft wire about 96cm long to the antenna connection
Use copper wires for better and efficient sound.
Keep wires short.
Hot glue loose wires..
Step 5: Enclosure
Attach/ fix two 3/4" wooden strips as shown, using pva glue or fevicol. Leave it to dry overnight.
Meanwhile cut a plywood of suitable length, make holes for hollow tubes and power cable. Paint it with acrylic paint to match the original color of the enclosure.
Step 6: Improvements
One could replace amplifier Pam8403 with 8410 which is 10w output
Step 7: Power On
Please share your comments