Introduction: Portable PVC Projection Screen
This project is a low cost and portable way of creating a screen for projection. In crowded classrooms, there may not be dedicated wall areas or space for a projection space. Using PCV piping and a presentation board, anyone can create their own portable screen. The dimensions for this screen is meant for a projector that is placed on a standard height table. Adding some dry erase sticker sheets can also create a surface to write on.
Step 1: Cut PVC Pipes
Using either a saw or a PVC cutter, cut the pipe to needed lengths:
- (2) 16" long- for the feet
- (2) 2 1/2" long for the leg
- 28" long for the cross bar
Step 2: Snap on the Tees and Thread Adapter
Snap on the tee pieces and attach the adapter. Place tee at the center point for the feet portions and the upper portion of the legs.
Once tees are placed, insert the legs into the feet and crossbar between both legs.
Step 3: Attach Velcro
- Cut the velcro roll in half (1 1/2" each side).
- Stick the rough side of the velcro to the legs.
- Center the presentation board on the frame to determine where the fuzzy side of the velcro should go.
- Stick the fuzzy size of the velcro to the board.
Step 4: Attach the Board to the Frame
Attach the board to the frame. You can then adjust the height of the board to match the height of the projector as needed.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.