Introduction: Portable Phone Charger-An Illustrated Guide
The following is an illustrated guide on how to turn an ordinary Altoids container into a portable cellphone charger in just a few easy steps. This battery is perfect for students, professionals, or outdoors men who are on the go.
Time Needed: 45 minutes
- Altoids container
- USB Phone Charger
- Alligator Clips
- Nine Volt Battery Snap Connector
- 9 Volt Battery
- Cigarette Lighter Cell Phone Charger
- Electrical Tape
- Metal snippers
Step 1: Wire It
- Attach an alligator clip to the positive wire of the snap connector (yellow alligator clip and red snap connector wire in picture).
- Attach the other end of the alligator clip to the end of the car charger.
- Attach the second alligator clip (green alligator clip in picture) to the negative wire of the snap connector (black wire in picture).
- Attach the other end of this alligator clip to either one of the metal wings on the side of the car charger.
Step 2: Tape It
Wrap each connection, 4 total, in electrical tape. This prevents the connections from being disrupted by the metal Altoids container.
Step 3: Cut It
You will want to cut a hole about 3/4 inch wide in the bottom section of the Altoids container. This is where you will plug the charger into the power source. Use the metal snippers to cut the section out.
Warning: Use care when using snippers to cut container. Metal edges of Altoids container could be sharp after cutting
Step 4: Snap It
Snap the battery connector onto the 9 volt battery
Step 5: Pack It
Put battery connected to wires and car charger into the Altoids tin. The car charger will go where the hole was cut into the container. If the container doesn't fully close, you can tape it closed with electrical tape.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.