Introduction: Portable Emergency Button With Localization (linkit One)
Hi everybody :) i want to share with you a little project. It's a portable emergency button that i did to my mom (she have cancer) and i need to know how can i find her if she need me. This button have a GPS and GSM module, that send a SMS and a link of google maps with localization on SMS (pretty cool ah? :) ), you can transport this on your belt. It's good for people that have diseases like cancer, diabetes, etc...
Let know more about this :)
Step 1: Material
Well, this is what you need to do it yourself:
-Linkit One (with battery, GPS and GSM module)
- a big push button (NO to send SMS with google maps link)
- three 3mm leds (yellow, green and red)
- a driller machine (to drill holes of linkit)
- lot of flexible cable wires
-hot glue (to hold the push button
-headers (to connect at linkit)
-button on/off (power off battery)
Step 2: 3D Drawings and Files
Here you can use and edit my 3D drawings models, I used Autodesk Inventor 2016 to draw. Have STL files too for 3D printing :)
Step 3: How to Do It?
It's very simple, all you need to do is:
- 3D print the linkit case
- soldering the flexible wires to leds, pushbutton, button on/off and battery and headers
- use hot glue to hold the push button
- drill the holes on case to hold the link one
- put GPS and GSM module on case and connect to linkit
- use good glue to hold the piece of belt on linkit case
PS: i needed cut the SPI headers of my linkit because push button is big and i can't close the linkit case :P
The wiring connection port of linkit one is:
pin 2- connect a one wire of push button
GND- connect the other wire of pushbutton
pin 12- green led positive (don't need a resistor)
pin 11- yellow led positive
pin 10- red led positive
Step 4: Code
the code is from another user of instructables, but i changed a bit. I added the leds to indicate the battery level.
It works by this way:
- If green blinks, the battery is between 100% and 67%
- If yellow blinks, the battery is between 66% and 34%
- If red blinks, the battery is between <=33%
You press the button, when all leds are off it means that linkit sent a SMS (I will add a buzzer too in future)
You can charge the battery easy with a usb cable. I will add to this project a buzzer to indicate that linkit sent a SMS and a improvement of battery.
Step 5: Finish
Well, this instructables ends here, i hope that you like this and be useful on your life.
Feel free to ask something that you don't understand :)
Thanks Mediatek for this linkit one to do this project :)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.